Campbell River to New Mexico

Campbell River to New Mexico
2011

Friday 27 July 2012

Thunder Bay on a bald tire!

Highway 11/17 - Lake Superior, Ontario
Last night we noticed that steel was actually showing thru on Al’s rear tire; he had checked it back in Minnesota and had thought he would be able to get home on it.  Not so, I guess the high speeds on the freeways along with the heat took the toll on it.  We are going to leave early for Thunder Bay H-D to get a new one.  Hopefully they have one in stock, this being on the Lake Superior Circle Tour I am confident they will have something that will work!  The Circle tour seems to be very popular with the bikers; they drive completely around Lake Superior in both Canada and the US.
We left before 7 and it was very COLD, I stopped to switch to my winter gloves and then a few kilometers up the road I pulled over again and put a sweater under my heated jacket.  Poor Al, his heated jacket wasn’t working and by the time we pulled into White River he was cursing more than usual.
Windex Martini
This road has lots of curves and hills; the scrub forest reminds me of Northern BC, it is a great ride even at 80 kms. We got to the H-D shop before 3 pm and they did not have his wide white wall so he put the same tire on as what I ride.  We decided to stay here and that was a good thing because we went to Naxo for dinner and had the 2nd best meal of the trip.  The Martini drinks that Penny made me were very yummy; I think I preferred the Southern Sunrise!





Southern Sunrise!!!!

 
 
587/6414 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment